This page has moved to a new address.

Hello

lime doodle: Hello

15 January 2011

Hello


Hi there, just popping in to say "hello"!

I've seen some lovely stitching templates and such recently and thought I'd have a go myself. I started this by stitching the holes with green embroidery thread, but it all seemed too heavy, so I began again and this time just stuck to having the pierced holes in the card. I feel it adds detail without being too fussy. The top squares all come from a journalling card I had. I die cut the squares using the interesting parts of the card and then mounted them on to another die cut square in a contrasting colour.

Hope you're having a lovely weekend.

Debby

Supplies:

Stamps - Beyond Basics Borders (Papertrey Ink)
Inks - Chocolate Chip (Stampin Up!)
Papers - Brook Collection, Float (Crate Paper), Flutter Butter Stripe, Flutter Butter Burst (Bo Bunny)
Card – Bazzill

Journaling Card - So Sophie Charming “Living Proof” (My Mind’s Eye)
Dies – small squares (Spellbinders), leaf (Spellbinders)
Butterfly punch – Martha Stewart
Adhesive stones (Papermania)

21 Comments:

At 15 January 2011 at 08:44 , Blogger Robin said...

Amazing how much it really adds! Card is fab! Robin

 
At 15 January 2011 at 11:07 , Blogger Huguenot Girl said...

Gorgeous card Debby - it's really fresh! Love the paper piercing it just adds so much! Nicole

 
At 15 January 2011 at 11:07 , Blogger Kerry said...

Wow what a stunning card, just love the colour combo.

 
At 15 January 2011 at 11:33 , Blogger Keva said...

This is really cool, Debbie!! I really like your style. Always something different and gorgeous when I come here. :)

 
At 15 January 2011 at 12:53 , Blogger ChickieChirps said...

This is lovely! I love the clean and simple look and the pierced holes look great!

Arabella

 
At 15 January 2011 at 13:51 , Blogger Jen W. said...

The pierced holes are just right and I love how they underline the Hello and the butterflies.

 
At 15 January 2011 at 15:07 , Blogger Lynn said...

Debby, the design on this is beautiful. I love the offsetting squares and the pierced holes!

 
At 15 January 2011 at 17:02 , Blogger Cristina said...

What a fabulous idea!

 
At 15 January 2011 at 18:51 , Blogger Marisa said...

Great card and idea :)

 
At 15 January 2011 at 19:01 , Blogger Jill said...

This is truly interesting, Debby! I love the papers you chose, and the pierced holes are a nice design element!

 
At 15 January 2011 at 20:21 , Blogger Angela Laurie said...

Love the layout of the card. Very nice!!

 
At 15 January 2011 at 22:17 , Blogger Eva said...

Very vreative...love the double squares and the way you did the piercing

 
At 15 January 2011 at 23:11 , Blogger Kara said...

i LOVE this......everything about it is fresh and beautiful!!

 
At 16 January 2011 at 00:08 , Blogger Lindsay said...

This just awesome Debbie! So so creative and fresh!

 
At 16 January 2011 at 02:46 , Blogger June K said...

Debby, very pretty card. It's really unique and the piercings are done in just the right spots and I like the journaling cards you cut up.

 
At 16 January 2011 at 13:26 , Blogger Kristie W. said...

This is a fantastic card!! Going in my CASE file for sure.

 
At 16 January 2011 at 16:20 , Blogger Aimes said...

Love this card, Debby! The bare stitching is a fab way to accent those gorgeous squares!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

 
At 16 January 2011 at 19:25 , Blogger Camilla said...

wow - what a striking card. very nice work!

 
At 16 January 2011 at 19:42 , Blogger Unknown said...

This is beautiful! I LOVE the paper piercing.

 
At 20 January 2011 at 17:17 , Blogger Amy Kolling said...

Love these colors.....so serene and earthy. Fab layout too especially with the piercing!

 
At 20 April 2011 at 23:14 , Blogger Arlene said...

This is simply beautiful! I love your work...I have you bookmarked and have been following your blog for a long time but just realized that I wasn't an "official" follower! Shame on me...I am now your newest follower. Your work is inspiring!

Arlene.
http://waterdots.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home