This page has moved to a new address.

The Union Jack

lime doodle: The Union Jack

29 April 2011

The Union Jack

Today I'd like to share a card with you I saw the other day that stopped me in my tracks. This one here by the amazing Aimes (perhaps a nickname in the making!), who isn't just a fabulous blogger but a really lovely person to boot. I love the depth of the colours in her card, the offset flag and the wonderful CAS style. Here it is in all it's bright, graphic loveliness:


The Union Jack is everywhere in the UK at the moment. We already had the build up to the 2012 Olympics in London (my application for tickets is in) and then there's a certain wedding going on today too! The flag isn't being used just on some slightly twee royal wedding souvenirs and such but also in more cutting edge designs, for example, I saw it used as the lining to a trendy hoody the other day. Which is another reason why I loved Aimes card so much - right on trend. It is also why I thought my son would love a version of this card (minus the love birds!).  Here's a snippet of the card I made if only so you can understand the slight terror that is building up inside me - soon I will have a teenager in the house!!


If you haven't already - pop on over to Aimes blog. It's well worth a visit. And if you want to see more red, white and blue here's a couple of images from Pinterest




Debby

4 Comments:

At 29 April 2011 at 11:59 , Blogger Keva said...

Oh gosh, Debby! This is SO SO SO cute! My daughter would go crazy for this card. It's so totally cute! As for the wedding - well, it's REALLY going to make ne late for work this morning if I don't turn it off and get going! :)

 
At 29 April 2011 at 14:41 , Blogger Aimes said...

Awwww you're far too kind with your words, Debby! I'm so honoured that you liked my card so much! I love the idea of using the design for a teenager too - right on trend! Very Cool Britannia!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

 
At 29 April 2011 at 21:22 , Blogger Kara said...

really cool!

 
At 30 April 2011 at 21:58 , Blogger Vicki said...

Great card Debby for a teenager, it is a bit daunting the thought of a teenager....lol my eldest son turned 13 2 weeks ago - the thought of all those hormones....on top of the ones I already deal with....lol

I believe they're easier than girls though ;)

Enjoy the long weekend.

Hugs
Vicki x

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home