This page has moved to a new address.

Happy Birthday

lime doodle: Happy Birthday

12 May 2011

Happy Birthday



I know, what a very unoriginal blog post title! However, inspiration wasn't forthcoming and I've only a little bit of time to pop in and share a quick card. I used the Sweet Sunday Sketch this week to make this bright and happy card. Lots of patterned paper, which is unusual for me, but I've just had a delivery of some new My Mind's Eye paper pads and wanted to use them.



The sentiment is from another delivery which popped through my door this morning - the latest Waltzingmouse Stamps sentiment set - Say It Loud. Great for using the sentiment as the main focal point.



Over the paper panels I laid a transparency I've had in my stash for a while but thought went really well with the papers.

Off to make preparations for my Mum's birthday tea now.

Debby


Supplies:
Stamps - WMS say it loud, holiday label no. 14
Inks - Versafine toffee, majestic blue, American Crafts leaf
Card - PTI rustic white
Paper - My Mind's Eye lime twist fly a kite, lime twist out of the blue
Dies - Spellbinders labels 14
Transparency - My Mind's Eye penny lane free bird passion die cut
Divine twine
Button - Ribbon Girl
Adhesive stones

8 Comments:

At 12 May 2011 at 12:31 , Blogger Jennifer Rzasa said...

Wow- I'm speechless. This is so awesome. You might not have an original post title, but your project more than makes up for it! (and btw, your post title is fine!)

 
At 12 May 2011 at 12:59 , Blogger Keva said...

This is so so pretty, Debby! I really like that paper and the colors.

 
At 12 May 2011 at 13:53 , Blogger Amy Kolling said...

Wow, this is so simple but fun (those papers are so cheery and bright)!! Have fun with your mom!

 
At 12 May 2011 at 14:07 , Blogger Cristina said...

Don't make me jealous! I'm waiting for that very WMS set! Looks beautiful here, though. Fabulous card (you should do patterned papers more often; you do them so well!).

 
At 14 May 2011 at 19:44 , Blogger StephC said...

This is gorgeous! Love the colors and papers, and details. Well done!

 
At 16 May 2011 at 04:37 , Blogger Wanda Cullen said...

Beautiful card! Love your fresh, summertime colors!

 
At 16 May 2011 at 07:23 , Blogger kasia c. said...

:O
Wow! this is awesome! I love how you have used the patterned papers here and that fabulous transparency looks perfect draped over that frame! :)

 
At 16 May 2011 at 20:29 , Blogger Jane said...

lovely card, I love the colours you have used

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home