This page has moved to a new address.

The Play Date Cafe - Guest Designer

lime doodle: The Play Date Cafe - Guest Designer

30 June 2011

The Play Date Cafe - Guest Designer


I am so excited that this week I get to be the guest designer for The Play Date Cafe!! I know! Added to which is the fabulous colour story this week. I was bouncing up and down on my chair when I got to see those delicious colours and fab concentric circles. Talking of the latter, I immediately thought of the sunshine impression plate from Papertrey Ink. Then I was flooded with ideas as to how to use the colour aspect of the inspiration. I had piles of colourful circles cut out of matching card and played around with them - one moment they were a simplistic tree, the next a cute circular guy with googly eyes and then finally I settled on a cascade of circles set to different levels with dimensional adhesive and a few buttons and twine thrown in for good measure!


Finally I picked out a simple sentiment which I felt suited the graphic feel to this card.



The sponsor for this weeks challenge is Echo Park Paper Co.


Please be sure to check out the prize and all contest details at The Play Date Cafe - the deadline is Tuesday, July 5 2011 at 11.59 pm EST. I'd be delighted if you'd play along.

Finally I'd like to thank everyone at The Play Date Cafe for inviting me along - I've loved the opportunity to guest design today.

Debby

Supplies:

Stamps - PTI life
Inks - Versafine onyx black
Card - PTI harvest gold, summer sunrise, terracotta tile, SU basic black, tempting turquoise
PTI sunshine impression plate
Divine twine
Buttons

24 Comments:

At 30 June 2011 at 07:05 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perfection! Love the design, Debby!

 
At 30 June 2011 at 08:05 , Blogger Wendy ten Hove said...

This card is so cool, Debby!! Love the colors on the white background! Perfect!!!
hugs, Wendy

 
At 30 June 2011 at 08:52 , Blogger Unknown said...

stunner of a card!!

 
At 30 June 2011 at 10:39 , Blogger Jen W. said...

Congrats on your guest designer stint! Your card rocks. :)

 
At 30 June 2011 at 11:59 , Blogger ~amy~ said...

Congrats on being the Guest Designer over at The Play Date Cafe...I **love** your card!

 
At 30 June 2011 at 12:46 , Blogger Lindsay said...

You're on a roll Debbie! This card just makes me smile and I love the pop of color from those circles!

 
At 30 June 2011 at 13:10 , Blogger Keva said...

Congrats, Debby!! I love love love this card. You make white look so much better than I do..lol. Love the circles and the bit of twine. Very pretty.

 
At 30 June 2011 at 13:49 , Blogger Jinny Newlin said...

I absolutely adore how all those gorgeous, colored circles just POP on your bright white base. Then, you went and carried the circle theme into your embossing, too! Brilliant! Such a beautiful take on this week's color story! Thanks so much for Guest Designing with us this week! You have been a true gem to work with :)! Hugs!

 
At 30 June 2011 at 14:34 , Blogger Cristina said...

So very pretty, so very you. AND!!!! You have a photo now! How lovely to see your smiling face!

 
At 30 June 2011 at 15:10 , Blogger Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Fabulous card, love the CAS take on the colors and I can definitely see how you got your inspiration.

 
At 30 June 2011 at 16:10 , Blogger Caryn said...

Fab card and brilliant inspiration - might try to play along if I get a moment to Myself this week!
Hugs,
Caryn x

 
At 30 June 2011 at 16:25 , Blogger Arlene said...

What a clean and crisp card... absolutely love it! :)

 
At 30 June 2011 at 19:13 , Blogger Lillian Child said...

LOVE your design - and I'm thinking I could use it to inspire me to create some holiday cards using seasonal papers for the circles - LOVE IT!

 
At 30 June 2011 at 19:30 , Blogger Amber said...

Love this design!

 
At 30 June 2011 at 22:07 , Blogger Nancy L. said...

LOVe it!! Love the CAs!

 
At 1 July 2011 at 01:32 , Blogger Jen Adcock said...

Wow! What a nifty idea. Love the circles to bits. Extraordinary take on the inspiration photo. Also loving the lavish layers upon layers too. Utterly Clean and Sophisticated. Brava!

 
At 1 July 2011 at 06:03 , Blogger Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Hi Debby! It's Iwona (Chupa), you might recognize me from the CASE Study blog.
I wanted to contact you, but I see no email reference on your blog. Could you shoot me a message at iwona_estera@wp.pl, please?
I don't really want to get into the details here :)
Thanks so much!

 
At 3 July 2011 at 17:55 , Blogger Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Love this Debby! It's so fresh! :) I also love your new photos of you! It's great to 'see' you!

 
At 3 July 2011 at 21:24 , Blogger Julie Ranae said...

Debby...I can't thank you enough for being a part of our team this week...it has been our pleasure to have you as a guest and we welcome you back anytime.
I am also glad that it was our challenge that helped you take the 'profile photo' plunge ; )
This project is getting rave reviews on our end and it is FAB!!

 
At 4 July 2011 at 18:03 , Blogger Ruby said...

It's so great to have you as our guest designer and your card is just GORGEOUS!! As soon as I saw it in the gallery I was oohing and aahing!! Great to meet someone else in the UK too!

 
At 5 July 2011 at 00:28 , Blogger Wanda Cullen said...

You are quite the busy designer...BIG CONGRATS to you! I really love this "going 'round in circles' card with the EF mimicking the circle elements! Great job!

 
At 5 July 2011 at 02:07 , Blogger MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Fabulous! Just fabulous!

 
At 5 July 2011 at 03:35 , Blogger Marlena M. said...

Wow, your card is awesome. I love the circles! ;)

 
At 5 July 2011 at 14:59 , Blogger Colleen Dietrich said...

....and this is why Julie chose you as our Guest Designer this week! It's a fabulous card, full of round, stampy goodness. THanks for playing with us at The Play Date CAfe, Debby!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home