This page has moved to a new address.

clean and simple day 4

lime doodle: clean and simple day 4

12 January 2012

clean and simple day 4

My visitors are arriving today. The beds are made, the house is cleaned yet they aren't here yet, so I had time to play. Yey! Today's Clean and Simple Card Making class was looking at using our stamps in more than one way - three stamps one way. I didn't have time to do three cards, but I managed two. I took Hero Arts new "big eyes" owl stamp. I used the whole stamp on the card and just a portion of the print background for my flower on the notecard.

Pin It
Supplies: Stamps - Hero Arts big eyes, designer woodgrain, Papertrey Ink polka dot basics II, signature greetings; Inks - Stampin' Up pale plum, rich razzleberry, Versafine onyx black, Versamark, Versacolor sky gray; Card - Stampin' Up rich razzleberry, blushing bride, pool party; Clear embossing powder, White embossing powder; Dies - Papertrey Ink flower die, scallop die; Promarkers; Flower from a broken headband; Stampin' Up printed brad

Here's the card. I stamped "big eyes" in Versafine ink and clear embossed before sponging with two colours of ink.


And the notecard. I Versamarked "big eyes" onto rich razzleberry card and white embossed before die cutting a flower from his tummy area.



That's it for me now as my visitors have arrived :)

17 Comments:

At 12 January 2012 at 20:28 , Blogger Marisa said...

Great touch with the wood grain on the owl card. Just love the second one!

 
At 12 January 2012 at 20:31 , Blogger Doris said...

First visit to your blog, and I LOVE what I see! Your CAS style is inspiring, especially your use of Hero Arts stamps which I also have, but don't think to use them often enough. Thanks for the ideas!

 
At 12 January 2012 at 20:51 , Blogger Aimes said...

I reckon you must be top of the class on this course, Debby! :)
Love the use of the sweet owl on the second card - so clever!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

 
At 12 January 2012 at 21:31 , Blogger Handmade Hannah said...

Love the CAS style of your cards - often less is more and this is certainly the case with your cards :)

 
At 12 January 2012 at 22:06 , Blogger Bronwyn Eastley said...

Love the gorgeous owl. Beautiful CAS cards.

 
At 12 January 2012 at 22:46 , Blogger Pam W Merwin said...

Love both of these cards! Good use of using 1 stamp 2 ways :) I have been brain dead with this one today - enjoying looking at everyone else's creations :)

 
At 12 January 2012 at 22:52 , Blogger Marybeth said...

Nicely done and both cards are gorgeous ! Beautiful color combo too. Enjoy your guest and clean house.

 
At 12 January 2012 at 23:02 , Blogger Mandy said...

Two fabulous cards Debby, the colours are absolutely stunning!

 
At 12 January 2012 at 23:16 , Blogger Jennifer Rzasa said...

I love them both, especially that first one!

 
At 13 January 2012 at 00:05 , Blogger Michelle said...

Nice! I love the colour combination, I would never have thought to combine those colours and yet they work SO well together! I'm really enjoying your use of the woodgrain background in grey. You're selling it to me. :-)

 
At 13 January 2012 at 00:31 , Blogger ThePurplePlace said...

Both of your cards are absolutely awesome! I love the color combo you used and think I'll have to try it the next time I color up my Owl stamps!

I'm a Rich Razzleberry fan and have that cardstock on hand! :)

 
At 13 January 2012 at 03:12 , Blogger ~amy~ said...

simply gorgeous!!!

 
At 13 January 2012 at 04:17 , Blogger Mad for Paper said...

Great cards. I love that owl stamp. The little touch of wood grain is just perfect.
Ang

 
At 13 January 2012 at 04:50 , Blogger Judy1223 said...

LOVE them both! I adore that owl...

 
At 13 January 2012 at 05:11 , Blogger Denisse said...

your cards are so pretty!

 
At 13 January 2012 at 07:37 , Blogger Kate Lewis said...

How gorgeous is that owl?! Fab cards as always Debby - enjoy your weekend, Kate x

 
At 17 January 2012 at 13:14 , Blogger Julie said...

Great cards. The owl image is lovely and the colour you used against the white is wonderful.
Great second card but the first is stunning!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home