This page has moved to a new address.

cas-ual fridays 60

lime doodle: cas-ual fridays 60

6 July 2012

cas-ual fridays 60


This week our challenge at CAS-ual Fridays is to include text in your design - pop by the blog for all the details including the info on the search for a Guest Designer!


Our sponsor this week is Simon Says Stamp and once again I got my stamps for this card from them. I do find their service prompt and their postage to the UK reasonable which is always a bonus :) for this weeks challenge they will be giving away a $25 gift certificate.

Simon Says Stamp
  


I've been umming and ahhing over whether to buy Hero Arts newspaper tulips for a while now and finally I took the plunge. I've seen some lovely cards using this stamp and this one by Shari Carroll in particular caught my eye. I also had my first go with some Tim Holtz distress markers. I bought just 4 to see how I like them and after using them on this card I now want the whole colour range! So here we go, my CASE of Shari's card.




I kept it really simple; just coloured with the markers directly onto the rubber stamp, huffed and puffed a bit and then firmly stamped onto white card. I chose the tulips for this challenge as they have text within the petals but also included a tiny strip of text paper from Echo Park sweet day paper pad. A simple green button, an over stamped sentiment and a teal mat and I was done. Oh and a few rhinestones coloured in with a promarker.

Here's the rest of the crew:


Michele Gross - The Boss 
Christina MacLaren 
Dana Seymour 
Debby Hughes - that's me! 
Gayatri Murani 
Jenny Mullens 
Julie Day 
Karolyn Loncon 
Kimberley Lane 
Laurie Willison 
Lorena Canto 
Lynn Mangan 
Virginia Lu

Not forgetting the facebook team who will be posting to facebook and their blogs during the week:

Angie Tieman 
Deb Wabbe 
Lisa Addesa 
Stephanie Washburn 
Suzanne Dahlberg 

Have a great weekend :)


Supplies: Stamps - Hero Arts newspaper tulips, say it all; Inks - Versafine onyx black; Card - Stampin' Up taken with teal; Paper - Echo Park sweet day; Distress markers - tumbled glass, broken china, peeled paint; Rhinestones - Stampin' Up; Button - Papertrey Ink

Labels:

14 Comments:

At 6 July 2012 at 05:24 , Blogger blah said...

This may be the most favoritest card I've ever seen you make. I love the colors, stamps, layout, and bling

 
At 6 July 2012 at 07:06 , Blogger Lynn said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Love the color combo Debby!

 
At 6 July 2012 at 08:07 , Blogger Mandy said...

Your card is stunning Debby!

xx

 
At 6 July 2012 at 13:33 , Blogger aaga said...

Love it!!!

 
At 6 July 2012 at 21:05 , Blogger Vickie Z said...

This is fabulous! Love those tulips, grass etc.!! Eeek....are yountalking me into those markers???

 
At 6 July 2012 at 21:36 , Blogger Deb said...

Debby, I love how you used that stamp! Knocks my socks off! Gorgeous!

 
At 7 July 2012 at 00:07 , Blogger Barbara said...

This is beautiful!

 
At 7 July 2012 at 02:15 , Blogger Robin K. said...

Gorgeous card!

 
At 7 July 2012 at 02:42 , Blogger Angie Tieman said...

Lovely card! The colors and "texty" flowers are beautiful!

 
At 7 July 2012 at 03:36 , Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful!

 
At 7 July 2012 at 10:28 , Blogger Michelle said...

Debby, this is gorgeous! I can't wait to see what you do next with those distress markers! :-)

 
At 7 July 2012 at 20:50 , Blogger Luv2talk said...

You continually amaze me. I love your blog. Thanks for sharing your WOW talent!

 
At 9 July 2012 at 20:02 , Blogger Christina said...

Gorgeous, Debby! Love that teeny strip of text!

 
At 10 July 2012 at 13:19 , Blogger Bri4StudioM633 said...

Beautiful card--love the colors!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home