This page has moved to a new address.

cas-ual fridays 68

lime doodle: cas-ual fridays 68

31 August 2012

cas-ual fridays 68


Yey for Friday! Of course that means it's time for a new CAS-ual Fridays challenge :) This week we want to see your back to school projects. Our sponsor is Pretty Paper Studio with a prize of 100 dirhams GC (equates to about $26) :)




Before I get to my card, I've got one more thing to share and that is that we have a new DT member! Please give a wonderful CAS-ual Fridays welcome to the amazing Piali Biswas!


Now onto my card which was inspired by the new Lawn Fawn dewey decimal papers! There's a lovely graphic paper in the set with yellow and kraft apples. I've ordered the 6x6 paper pad but it's not here yet :( However, it got me thinking about a school themed card in non traditional colours. I thought this might appeal more to an older child to give to their teacher.




I used Studio Calico's abroad collection 6x6 paper pad - I feel their papers are always right on trend. I die cut 3 apples from different papers and mounted them with dimensionals over a strip of paper from the same pad which I'd stamped with the "TeAcHeR" from Papertrey Ink's Teacher's Apple set. The "thank you" above the apples came from the same set.

I'm also going to pop this card over to Moxie Fab for their repetition challenge :)

Here's the links for the rest of the crew:

Michele Gross - The Boss 
Christina MacLaren 
Dana Seymour 
Debby Hughes - that's me! 
Gayatri Murani 
Jenny Mullens 
Julie Day 
Karolyn Loncon 
Kimberley Lane 
Laurie Willison 
Lorena Canto 
Lynn Mangan 

Piali Biswas
Virginia Lu

Not forgetting the facebook team who will be posting to facebook and their blogs during the week:

Angie Tieman 
Deb Wabbe 
Lisa Addesa 
Stephanie Washburn 
Suzanne Dahlberg 


Have a great weekend!


Supplies: Stamps - Papertrey Ink teacher's apple, Hero Arts my happy; Inks - Versafine smoky gray, onyx black; Papers - Studio Calico abroad collection

Labels:

15 Comments:

At 31 August 2012 at 05:16 , Blogger Kimberly said...

Debby - I absolutely LOVE this card! The colors and all the elements are just perfect! Great job!

 
At 31 August 2012 at 10:58 , Blogger Lynn said...

Oh la la. I absolutely love the paper you used. So clever!

 
At 31 August 2012 at 13:37 , Blogger Brandi said...

Debby you amaze me each week with your cards. I just really like your style and am never disappointed at the outcome of your projects. Wonderful!

 
At 31 August 2012 at 14:36 , Blogger Wida said...

Oh, when my 2 favorite things come together...like Studio Calico and Debby Hughes designs, I am a happy girl. There isn't a single thing in this design that I don't find drop dead wonderful. Off to PIN it!

 
At 31 August 2012 at 15:00 , Blogger Aimes said...

Well it certainly appeals to me, Debby! In fact, it would make it much less painful to get back into the routine of school again if I received beautiful cards like this!
Hugs!
x

 
At 31 August 2012 at 15:29 , Blogger Cristina said...

Gah! I loooooove this.

 
At 31 August 2012 at 20:56 , Blogger Beverley said...

Super card, LOVE the mix of patterns on the apples as well as the stamped chevron. I adore your style. Hugs Bev x

 
At 31 August 2012 at 20:56 , Blogger ~amy~ said...

Absolutely perfect, as always.

 
At 1 September 2012 at 15:40 , Blogger Christina said...

Fantastic non-traditional colors for a teacher card, and those papers are fabulous!

 
At 1 September 2012 at 18:09 , Blogger Sus said...

Lovely trendy teacher card!!!

 
At 3 September 2012 at 15:55 , Blogger marianne-g said...

So cute!!! Love your clean style.

 
At 4 September 2012 at 01:42 , Blogger Mary Jo said...

Love! Pin! Case!

 
At 5 September 2012 at 20:58 , Blogger Glenda J said...

LOVE everything about this. Great combination of colours and patterns.

 
At 6 September 2012 at 03:25 , Blogger Tracey McNeely said...

I LOVE those patterned paper covered apples Debby.

 
At 7 September 2012 at 00:21 , Blogger MackieMade Paper Creations said...

So cute! Love the paper selection! Just fabulous!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home