This page has moved to a new address.

tsg179 happy haunting!

lime doodle: tsg179 happy haunting!

29 October 2012

tsg179 happy haunting!

Over at There She Goes this week Kelly has challenged us to make a card or project inspired by the colours of her favourite drink - pumpkin spice coffee!


Isn't that just great - a flavoursome colour inspiration! Now I've never tried pumpkin spice coffee so I took my inspiration from those fall leaves to make a slightly different autumnal Halloween card.




I actually quite like the autumn colours paired with the Halloween reaper image - this is quite like our Halloween will be as the leaves are showering down on us at the moment and so pretty in their hues.

One last thing, yesterday I talked about the eyes on my mummy! Here's a close up to see the eyes and the way that the black enamel puddled into the wet glossy accents.



Now here's a look at the eyes on today's reaper - black enamel eyes with white enamel on top. This time I made sure the bottom layer was perfectly dry before adding the top layer - the result is some spooky eyeball popping fun!



Supplies: Stamps - There She Goes bugs & hisses, autumn; Inks - Memento tuxedo black, Versafine onyx black; Card - Stampin' Up basic black, Neenah solar white; Paper - October Afternoon weathervane; Markers; Ranger enamel accents black, white; Distress markers; Die - Memory Box woodland branch; Stickles glitter glue


Labels:

8 Comments:

At 29 October 2012 at 10:40 , Blogger Caroline said...

Fantastic love the colours and the images are fabulous. Caroline xxx

 
At 29 October 2012 at 11:00 , Blogger canadian_liner said...

You can tell you are the mother of boys, Debby, having fun with the ghoulish eyes effects! Loving your tongue-in-cheek spooky cards.

 
At 29 October 2012 at 12:02 , Blogger Sherry Eckblad said...

I love this card! That reaper is amazing as is your coloring.

 
At 29 October 2012 at 12:35 , Blogger Beate said...

Gorgeous. I love the paper, the branch and tiny leaves you used to pair it with your reaper. LOVE the enamel eyes. Awesome card.
Hugs and smiles

 
At 29 October 2012 at 18:16 , Blogger Lea L. said...

This is SO cute, and those are some of my fave OA papers ever....I still have them in my stash too!

Pumpkin Spice lattes are my fave from Starbucks...I love this time of year when they are available!

 
At 30 October 2012 at 00:36 , Blogger jintyoo7 said...

Haha - adorable (never thought I would say that about the Grim Reaper - LOL).

 
At 30 October 2012 at 01:23 , Blogger Super Jen said...

OK, I am a fan but you really have me with the reaper. Inspired use of the branch.

 
At 30 October 2012 at 02:18 , Blogger Rosy Newlun said...

Very cute - love the eyes LOL!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home