This page has moved to a new address.

clear and simple stamps guest designer

lime doodle: clear and simple stamps guest designer

4 November 2012

clear and simple stamps guest designer

I have been a long time admirer of Clear & Simple Stamps and their fabulous range with awesome die collections, so I was delighted when Nicki asked if I would be their Guest Designer for November!


Today is the start of CSS Release In Review for Collection 5 their October/November release and features the Leaflets and Fall Frenzy sets. I love the way CSS release their products in collections with items that all work wonderfully together for the season. I think their trademark is not only their fabulous products but also the thought and great attention to detail that goes into every aspect of their business.

On to my project for today :) I've recently been spending some time admiring the fabulous design work evidenced in packaging. While on my travels I found this wonderful CAS label on a drinks bottle and it inspired me to try a modern CAS take on an autumn theme.



After choosing some suitable autumn ink colours, I went crazy with a bunch of the lovely leaf images from Leaflets on to a white piece of card. Then I cut the inked piece into three 1cm strips. I trimmed the strips to the correct length and then rounded the top corner of one strip and the bottom corner of another strip. The strips were mounted with foam adhesive. I mounted a lovely sentiment from Fall Frenzy over the strips, again with more foam adhesive.





As this is the season of giving thanks I thought some gift tags would go great with the card. On the tags I wanted a couple of the Leaflets images to really shine so layered them with the sentiment in contrasting colours. Some simple rustic twine finished them off.


Here's a little closer look at the tags.


I hope you will join me during the month of November with more Clear & Simple Stamps projects :) To keep you going with CSS inspiration check these links out:

Elena Roussakis
Laurie Willison
Lori Tecler
Dana Grothaus
CSS

Supplies: Stamps - Clear & Simple Stamps leaflets, fall frenzy; Inks - Stampin' Up pumpkin pie, old olive, Colorbox maroon, Versafine toffee, pinecone; Dies - Papertrey Ink fillable frame 7; Hobbycraft twine

Labels:

23 Comments:

At 4 November 2012 at 04:02 , Blogger Wida said...

Oh my goodness...you are incredible. I am going to be looking at my bottles with a whole new light! I love this especially the touch of twine on the tags.

 
At 4 November 2012 at 04:26 , Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! I'm loving this card. What a fantastic layout and choice of colors. Gotta give this one a try for sure.

 
At 4 November 2012 at 05:51 , Blogger Kelly Griglione said...

Now how fun is this?!? You could do a lot with this design, for sure! Great translation to the page, Debby!

 
At 4 November 2012 at 07:37 , Blogger Caroline said...

WOW these are stunning love the image and the colours and layout are gorgeous. Caroline xxx

 
At 4 November 2012 at 08:22 , Blogger Elena said...

So thrilled to have you join us this month! And, your card design is fantastic!

 
At 4 November 2012 at 09:48 , Blogger Mandy said...

stunning creations Debby, the colours look fab together and the design is just perfect.
xx

 
At 4 November 2012 at 10:50 , Blogger itsallrosi said...

congrats on the guest spot! love the projects!

 
At 4 November 2012 at 11:08 , Blogger Miriam Prantner said...

Gorgeous! This is a perfect fit for you! Love those panels on the card!

 
At 4 November 2012 at 11:41 , Blogger Gayatri said...

Stunning card and great layout too:) LOVE it!

 
At 4 November 2012 at 13:08 , Blogger Lori said...

Beautiful! Love the look of those vivid fall colors against the white background. So glad you're joining us this month at Clear and Simple Stamps!

 
At 4 November 2012 at 14:13 , Blogger Deb said...

Gorgeous, Debby! Love the layering of the leaves yet keeping it CAS!

 
At 4 November 2012 at 14:36 , Blogger Cristina said...

That card is possibly my favorite card of the last, oh, year or so. I am SWOONING!!!!!!!!

 
At 4 November 2012 at 14:41 , Blogger canadian_liner said...

Fabby (and beautiful!) job translating the packaging design to paper. There truly is inspiration all around us. Congrats on your Guest DT spot, too.
Your fan,
C

 
At 4 November 2012 at 20:14 , Blogger Vicki Dutcher said...

TOTAL and complete AWESOMENESS! Your cards are incredible and I love the inspiration~

 
At 4 November 2012 at 20:27 , Blogger Ardyth said...

LOVE! I also love to find inspiration anywhere around me - this is a really good one!

 
At 4 November 2012 at 23:54 , Blogger Lea L. said...

This is gorgeous!! I love the autumn colored strips on the card front...and those tags are fabulous!!

 
At 4 November 2012 at 23:59 , Blogger Vickie Z said...

Debby-you always do CAs with a bang!! Wonderful!

 
At 5 November 2012 at 04:02 , Blogger Michelle said...

Gorgeous, Debby! Your card looks way better than the original inspiration! ;-) And those tags are to die for, I love them!

 
At 5 November 2012 at 04:14 , Blogger jintyoo7 said...

OH how beautiful = love it! Absolutely marvelous interpretation :)

 
At 5 November 2012 at 11:30 , Blogger Beate said...

I absolutely LOVE your card and your tags. Beautiful!

 
At 5 November 2012 at 16:40 , Blogger thingie said...

Stunning card and the tags are so beautiful too!

 
At 5 November 2012 at 21:30 , Blogger whoistracy said...

This is gorgeous! So happy to have you as our guest DT this month.

 
At 1 January 2013 at 01:39 , Blogger Taheerah said...

This is an absolute genius of a card, so unique! I love your style so much and am looking forward to following you in my Google Reader in 2013! :o)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home