This page has moved to a new address.

case study challenge 124

lime doodle: case study challenge 124

17 January 2013

case study challenge 124

Wow, you guys had some fun with Amber's card last week for CASE Study! Lets see what you can do  this week with this stunning grouping for inspiration :)


Simply perfect elegance! I think it's pretty clear how I was inspired; here's my card :)




I white embossed the absolutely gorgeous gerbera from Clearly Besotted Stamps new With Love set and coloured with Copics. I loved the double banner that Amber used and so stamped my sentiment from Clearly Besotted Stamps Thanks a Bunch set onto a banner (Lil' Inker Designs flags & tags) and layered over another slightly thicker banner (Lil' Inker Designs sentiment flag) which I coloured with Copics to match my flower. 

Ready for another dose of inspiration? Check out the rest of the crew :)

Muse: Amber Daigre
Guest Designer: Tasnim Ahmed
Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Christina MacLaren
Clare Buswell
Debby Hughes - me!
Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) - The Boss
Jean Martin
Jeanne Jachna
Maureen Plut
Teneale Williams

Supplies: Stamps - Clearly Besotted Stamps with love, thanks a bunch; Inks - Versamark, Versafine smoky gray; Dies - Lil' Inker Designs flags & tags, sentiment flag; Hero Arts white embossing powder; Copics


Labels: , ,

22 Comments:

At 17 January 2013 at 05:37 , Blogger Tasnim said...

I think I am in love with this flower! It looks SO beautiful! almost realistic!

 
At 17 January 2013 at 05:48 , Blogger Unknown said...

This is gorgeous Debbie Doodle! Love your coloring!

 
At 17 January 2013 at 06:58 , Blogger Lyndal said...

Just BEAUTIFUL Debby - LOVE it :)

 
At 17 January 2013 at 09:02 , Blogger Michelle said...

So pretty, Debby! You make magic with this flower!

 
At 17 January 2013 at 10:33 , Blogger Stephanie said...

Too beautiful for words Debby :) x

 
At 17 January 2013 at 11:10 , Blogger Tracey said...

Wow, this is stunning!! Your colouring is just incredible!!

 
At 17 January 2013 at 12:04 , Blogger Unknown said...

Debbie... It's not just the clean and elegant design of your card but your masterful coloring of the daisy. Just amazing. Wow.

 
At 17 January 2013 at 13:40 , Blogger Taheerah said...

So beautiful Debby. The colouring is perfect!!

 
At 17 January 2013 at 14:19 , Blogger Unknown said...

Gorgeous!! Love it.

 
At 17 January 2013 at 15:09 , Blogger Becca-expressions said...

This is gorgeous, but I'm wondering about the coloring. I've used Copics over white embossing powder to get the white to color. How did you get it to resist? Thanks for sharing this. It's truly a breath-taking piece of art.

 
At 17 January 2013 at 15:25 , Blogger Mandy said...

Debby, this is absolutely stunning !

xx

 
At 17 January 2013 at 15:31 , Blogger Debby said...

Hi Becca, you are right in that if you colour the white embossed outline with the marker it will colour it. I was just as careful as I could be to keep away from the embossing and as the colours I used were quite pale it really wasn't too tricky. I love white embossing, particularly with flowers as I think it gives such a soft look that I would definitely recommend giving it a go :)

 
At 17 January 2013 at 15:56 , Blogger Miriam Prantner said...

You are a master with these stamps, this is breathtaking!

 
At 17 January 2013 at 16:41 , Blogger Bethany Stellpflug said...

this is SO gorgeous and elegant! Love it!

 
At 17 January 2013 at 16:52 , Blogger Theresa said...

Debby, this card is absolutely STUNNING!!!! LOVE, the way you colored the flower!

 
At 17 January 2013 at 18:29 , Blogger Christine L said...

Hi Debby..

Well it seems that I'm pinning every card I see you make onto my inspiration board on Pinterest... you make such stunners and this is no exception!!

Big hugs
Christine x

 
At 18 January 2013 at 03:38 , Blogger Ginny said...

Stunning card, Debby! Perfect in every way.

 
At 18 January 2013 at 05:20 , Blogger Renuka said...

I swooned ..came back and the swooned again :) ..your every card is a work of art. Thanks for sharing this beauty :)

 
At 18 January 2013 at 05:23 , Blogger Kelly Latevola said...

"Sweet Jesus that's gorgeous" Literally that's what I said . . .right out loud . . .to myself! This is beautiful Debby. You're amazing!

 
At 19 January 2013 at 17:05 , Blogger Kathy V. said...

I second Cristine L.! I should create a board just for my Debby pins. This is truly lovely. May I send you my address--I've been a bit under the weather lately (LOL). What a thrill it would be to see this beauty in the mail box.

 
At 20 January 2013 at 18:58 , Blogger Unknown said...

That is one stunner of a card! Just gorgeous *Ü*

 
At 21 January 2013 at 15:25 , Blogger Christina said...

This is just incredible, Debby. The white on white embossing really makes the flower pop, but the overall effect is still so soft. Amazing!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home